To print GS1128 barcode in Crystal Reports, it's a smart and simple solution to use Barcodesoft GS1128 UFL (User Function Library) and GS1128 barcode fonts.
1. Install code128 demo on your computer.
2. Open DOS prompt. If you are using Windows 10 or Windows 7, please Open DOS prompt as administrator.
Please go to the following folder
CD C:\Program Files\Common Files\Barcodesoft\FontUtil
Type in the following DOS command to register crUFLbcs.dll
3. Open your crystal report. Right click Formula Fields, choose "New..." from the context menu.
Type in "GS1128" in the Name textbox, then click "Use Editor".
4. Double click "BCSLinearGS1128" function from Visual Basic UFLs list as shown.
5. Then type in the database field as parameter for GS1128 formula. And click "Save" button to save GS1128 formula field.
Please notice that FNC1 will be added for you automatically when necessary. When preceded by a variable-lengthed Application Identifier, the DLL will place a FNC1 before the new Application Identifier.
When you need to encode multiple AIs in one GS1-128 bar code, please put parentheses before and after each Application Identifier (AI).
Therefore, AI (02) and (10) will be input as shown below
The first FNC1 will be output as "[C1".
Other FNC1 will be output as Gs (ASCII 29).
6. Drag and drop the GS1128 formula field in your crystal report design view.
7. Right click GS1128 formula field and choose "Format Field" from context menu. Then choose "code128m" font typeface. You will see GS1128 barcode in your crystal report.